Monday, February 11, 2019

,

(INTERVIEW) Star♡Pet (Jaehyun) - January 2019

An animal's love is for life. Our pet next to us is another form of lifelong love. In a time where 10 million of the population own pets, we're cultivating the desirable pet culture, but the best virtue is, of course, love. Now, we will do a 'lovesick' with everyone.

With a plan by JoyNews24 and NotePet, 'Star♡Pet' is published as a series. We will deliver the 'happy and love virus' to readers through the stars' lovely lives, the joy and sorrow, with their pets that are like 'another family'.


The busy times promoting as Golden Child and prior to year-end performances, Bong Jaehyun was reunited with his dog, Bongji. "I'm seeing him after 2 weeks," he said as he stared at Bongji in his arms. Unbeknownst to Jaehyun, a smile appeared on the corner of his lips. Jaehyun's mother, who takes care and raises Bongji while her son is at the dorm, also went to the shooting site. His mother, who brought along Bongji's snack and things, said, "I'm more worried about Bongji than Jaehyun," while laughing. Thanks to the reliable supporter, Bongji and Jaehyun engraved another memory in pictures.


Bongji, Golden Child Jaehyun's pet dog, is a 6-year-old Bichon. He boasts the cuteness of a doll, with white and chubby fur covering him. From his round and lovely face, to his cute and innocent charms, he resembles his owner, Jaehyun. Jaehyun, who's sometimes called with the nickname 'Bongvely' created a 'lovely' painting by being with Bongji. Jaehyun said, "The fans also said that Bongji and I resemble each other. We're both round and with cheek fat. Our calm personality is also similiar," boasting about Bongji whose charm is identical to his.

Bongji is Jaehyun's first dog. Already 6 years ago, Bongji was welcomed into his new family when Jaehyun was in his 2nd year of middle school. Jaehyun, who said he wanted to raise a dog, fell in love with the cute Bongji and brought him home. Even though he was allergic to dogs, Jaehyun took care of him well like a friend and a brother.


Laughing, Jaehyun said, "My nickname in middle school was 'Bongji', so my mother named the dog after 'Bongji'. I become even more fond of him because his name is the same as my nickname." They recently welcomed Bongji's sibling Bonggu as a new family member. Bonggu, who looks like Bongji when he was little, is now 3 months old and is the cute maknae that is hogging all the love in their home to himself.

"Bongji is my brother that I really love and cherish. He's curt and timid, but he understands people, has a lot of aegyo and is talented. He also has charms to bewitch people. He has a different charm than Bonggu who's hungry for love. It's really cute. Looking at them both, they're really lovely and I'm happy."

Even though he's busy promoting, Bongji and Bonggu are always lingering. It's easy to find Bongji and Bonggu's cute images on Jaehyun's SNS. Jaehyun's love for his dogs is famous among his fans, and for that, Bongji is a famous 'Star Pet Dog' to Jaehyun's fans.


On this day, fans who came to the interview site said, "It's great that I [finally] see Bongji in real life" and "Bongji is so cute," and revealed their infinite fan heart(?) for Bongji. Jaehyun said, "I have a lot of photos of Bongji in my phone gallery. Two-thirds [of the content] is my selfie, and the other one-third is of Bongji. I like taking selfies so I have more of myself. It hasn't been long since we've had Bonggu, [so] his portion is small," while laughing. He also said, "When I look at the pictures while doing a schedule, I think to myself, 'How nice it would be if Bongji and Bonggu are here with me.'"


Jaehyun, who is living a dorm life, said he checks for Bongji and Bonggu's updates through the photos that his mother sends him. It feels like they are taking the role of the son instead of Jaehyun, who's an only son, so he's very thankful.

"I'm living in the dorm, so I can't see my parents often. I don't have siblings too, so I think that my mother will be very lonely. I have to take care of my mother, but Bongji and Bonggu are giving my mother love, so I'm proud. I think they take care of the empty spot that I left, so I'm really thankful. It makes me think that I need to do even better."


Jaehyun said, "Bongji and Bonggu are like my best friends as well as my siblings. When I get days off sometimes and I go home, Bongji climbs to my bed and does aegyo. It's like he's saying, 'It's really tiring, right?' I really like times like that," speaking of the preciousness of their existence.

Then, what does Jaehyun mean to Bongji and Bonggu? "Bongji leans on me a lot. I think he treats me as his only older brother as well as the brother that feeds him. I haven't met with Bonggu much, so I think he will think of me as a guest that often comes to play at the house," Jaehyun said while laughing.


Not only Jaehyun, the Golden Child members are all known as 'pets' lovers. Bomin and Donghyun, Joochan, Jangjun, Daeyeol, TAG raise pets in their homes. Jaehyun said, "Bomin once brought his puppy to the dorm, but I have yet to show Bonggu. I exchange puppy updates with the members in the waiting room." They mischievously toss questions like "Which puppy is the prettiest". "Bomin's and Donghyun's puppies are cute. Even so, Bonggu is the prettiest in my eyes," Jaehyun said, revealing his pride over his pets. Expressing his wish, Jaehyun said if given the chance, he wanted to arrange a meeting for all the members' pets, including Bongji and Bonggu, to meet.

A smile spread across Jaehyun's face as he talked about Bongji and Bonggu. He said, "I don't think I can live without Bongji and Bonggu now." He then made a promise, "I will shower them with unending love and affection."


The busy times promoting as Golden Child and prior to year-end performances, Bong Jaehyun was reunited with his dog, Bongji. "I'm seeing him after 2 weeks," he said as he stared at Bongji in his arms. Unbeknownst to Jaehyun, a smile appeared on the corner of his lips

Bongji, Golden Child Jaehyun's pet dog, boasts the cuteness of a doll, with white and chubby fur covering him. From his round and lovely face, to his cute and innocent charms, he resembles his owner, Jaehyun, and he's also popular among fans. Jaehyun, who's usually called with the nickname 'Bongvely' created a 'lovely' painting by being with Bongji. Jaehyun laughed and said, "The fans also said that Bongji and I resemble each other. We're both round and with cheek fat. Our calm personality is also similiar."Jaehyun conveyed his gratitude and proud feelings softly for Bongji, who takes the role of the son for his parents instead of Jaehyun, who's living a dorm life. "He's like my best friend as well as my sibling, my younger brother." At those words, we could feel his profound love for Bongji.


Golden Child is a boy group that is quickly growing as a 'trend-dol'. Receiving attention as 'Infinite's younger brother group', they debuted in 2017, they diligently promoted last year while riding on a steep upturn. Member Jaehyun is a rising idol who receives attention for his skills and warm visual. When his charming monolids, his fair skin, his 'Boy Ripping out of a Comic Book' visual absorb freely into various concepts, he gained nicknames [such as] 'The Silver-Haired Fairy' and 'Innocent Charisma'. Golden Child and Jaehyun's 'golden' period is wide open in 2019.

◆ Golden Child's cute 'Goldies', a talent made with effort

Jaehyun is Golden Child's popular, reliable 'Goldies'. He's cute, a visual brimming with chicness, a charming voice, even equipped with aegyo in front of fans. The more you become a fan of him, he's a lovely guy, so the nickname that fans attached to him is 'Bongvely'.


Jaehyun said, "It's embarrassing to say this with my own mouth, but I'm lovely. I'm the first idol with the surname Bong, so [the nickname] became 'Bongvely.'" When asked to do a 'self boast', his "as for boasting about myself" is strong (T/N: implying that he's reluctant to brag about himself), and he said, "[I'm] gentle and calm. I have a heart that knows how to comfort people. If I have to boast about my outer [appearance], I've been told that I have big monolid eyes and a nice jawline." He then laughed and said, "It's hard to talk about these things."

As Jaehyun is a Golden Child member who has studied abroad, his dream of becoming a star grew through his mother's discerning eyes and support. Like fate, Jaehyun, who had become a trainee, tried and tried again.

"I went to the US as soon as I graduated elementary school and came back [to Korea] when I was in 8th grade. At that time, my mother was like, "Do you want to go to an acting academy?" I wanted to try going there. The day I went to take the exam was the day I got street-casted. Actually, I had no interest in dance nor singing, but I tried them and they were fun, and I developed a greed for them. If I have to rate my talent from 0-10, I'm going to rate it 0, but I think I'm creating my talents by trying."


"I started my trainee life when I was in 9th grade, and the hyungs that danced really well were also very good at singing. It was hard at first. I thought, "Let's try harder so I can mingle with those hyungs."

For there to be Jaehyun now, effort as well as the Golden Child members can't be left out. They're his colleagues who are realizing their dreams together and they're also his reliable support. Jaehyun bragged about his members' teamwork, "We're so close that we play together even on our days off. We know each other well."

He was even with his members on his 21st birthday not long ago. He had a birthday party with fans on V App on January 4th and he was showered with birthday wishes from the members and fans. Jaehyun brought up his 'birthday memory' with his members every year.


"From when we were trainees, we've never missed any birthday. We did surprises or hidden cameras and prepared events. I remember a 'hidden camera' the members pulled. One time, Daeyeolie-hyung told us to gather at the practice room and asked each of us to dance. When it was my turn, I danced and got scolded. Then the members suddenly sang 'Happy Birthday' behind me and we had a party. I had forgotten that it was my birthday, so I was thankful. Most of the time, the member who has a birthday will ring a 'Golden Bell' and eat chicken, pizza, jokbal (pig trotter), etc. We anticipate that day a lot."

◆ "Music show win·Concert·American advancement"…'2019 Bucket List

2018 was simply a year where they ran hard. They released 3 albums last year, with their 2nd mini album 'Miracle' in January, single album 'Goldenness', and the 3rd mini album 'WISH'. The boys' effort has made small 'miracles', proven their potential while also fostered their presence.


"2018 was a meaningful year for Golden Child. We discovered and learned a lot. Now we're relaxed on stage and I think we'll also be able to communicate with our fans more endearingly."

The most memorable thing [for him] is the inauguration ceremony of their fanclub 'Goldenness'. Jaehyun said, "We had a fanmeeting and an inauguration ceremony. I felt an indescribable emotion at that time. The fans were very thankful, and the members who came together were also thankful, and it was like I went through several emotions."

Golden Child is a group that is sitting on many more growth potentials, more than the colors they've shown so far. Jaehyun revealed Golden Child's confidence in tomorrow and his infinite affection for his members, "The stage is starting to become enjoyable."


"Compared to when we debuted, we're [more] relaxed on stage [now]. We were nervous then, and our hair turned gray. But now we've come to enjoy our stage. I want to be a wonderful singer [and] that more and more people will know our song."

He shyly hesitated at the question about his own charms, but he didn't hesitate in boasting about Golden Child.

"Golden Child is energetic. Of course, other artists are energetic as well, but we have our own energy. When we become one and go on stage, it's really fun and in other words, that's our team's color. Should I call it a cheerful and upright energy?"

"We're all kind, we know how to comfort each other, how to listen, and when we practice, we're going to show you a cooler side of us. Actually, if we keep promoting, we can become sensitive and tired too, but when we always talk among ourselves, we cheer each other up. Even when there's someone who is sensitive, we ease him with jokes. As there are 10 boys living together, there can't be a time where we don't argue, but we let it out immediately and [the argument] doesn't last long."


Golden Child has completed their preparation to run towards a higher place in 2019. Jaehyun's Bucket List was filled with Golden Child's happy tomorrow.

"I wrote my last year's Bucket List on my birthday and one of them had come true. As I'm a fan of EXO-sunbaenim, I had 'To go to an EXO concert'. I went to their concert and took a picture with Baekhyun-sunbaenim. (Laughs) This year's Bucket List is really just like a dream, but it [has] music show win, concert, and American advancement. Golden Child is improving, so I hope more people will hear Golden Child's songs. We will work even harder."


(Source: 1, 2)
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment