Sunday, March 14, 2021

,

Goldenness Shows the Reality of the Hate TAG Has Been Getting Online

A post about Golden Child's TAG 2 (with pictures of hate comments) (hyperlinks added)


(t/n: there is a trigger warning for one of the hate comments and one for the Pann comment. I've put another warning right before the relevant comments, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.)

I would appreciate it if you could read the previous post before reading this one.
I'm writing another post to talk about how the hate comments have been.

The first time the "fan hater" thing was talked about was on October 18th, 2020 on the way to a schedule.
TAG was getting out of the car and he twisted his ankle. The statement that his agency released became an issue.

There had been a few chaotic instances before TAG got hurt where fans were crowding around the members and they couldn't even get through and their agency intervened that situation with the member's injury.


(Woollim's statement)

It's the statement released by the agency but people were misinformed and it went viral with people saying, "Isn't this what the member said to his agency?"
It spread as if it was TAG who wrote the statement and in an instant, he became a person who blamed his injury on fans.


(I'm really sorry for worrying you. Everyone, I'm getting better, so please don't worry, everyone !! Thank you for worrying about me..)

TAG has never once blamed his fans and he apologized to fans through Podol (an app like Bubble).

Around the time this thing calmed down, the video call fansign thing blew up.
To explain it simply, in the controversial video, a fan asked, "Until when will Golden Child promote? Do you film any content?" and TAG replied, "Why are you feeling me out?"


This is him from the same fansign but talking to another fan.
Only the involved parties know the truth, so no one can say whether it's true or not, but if you look at the other videos from this day, it was a usual fansign with a good vibe, so I started to have doubts about the video in question.
Fans asked that fan for the full video, but they just said that they would give the original video and then disappeared, and they tipped off a hate account with the audio muted on one side.

The vidcall video went viral in an instant and even the injury incident also became an issue.
The mockeries and attacks that went beyond the level of criticism have been going on for several months on SNS and community sites.

(Caution: pictures) These are the hate comments that TAG has received since then. I'm uploading to sum it up as brief as possible.


(- Why are his eyes so wide like that? Like dead fish eyes
- (trigger warning: gore) Will he come to his senses if I pulled his eyes out and make tanghulu out of them?
- Ah, what was it? The comment that said that his face was f*cking eerie and that he looked like a deepfake was so funnyㅋㅋㅋBut I really agree. His face gives me the f*cking creeps
- His disgusted face was really the worst...
- Can't pluck your head off, no?
- But is the thing about him being like that because it was a sasaeng just a rumor?? I'm curious, so...
- He twisted his ankle. Did he twist his mind too?)

(t/n: more screenshots can be found at the source. I'm not uploading nor translating the rest but the translations above should give you a clue into how horrible it all is.)

Right now, if you look up Golden Child on Naver and Youtube, that video tails their related search keyword and videos that are made to ridicule him keep being uploaded.


(Golden Child TAG
Golden Child TAG Why are you feeling me out
Golden Child TAG personality)


(Why are feeling me out? (feat. Iljin rap)
Why are twisting me Viyott Guy (t/n: Viyott is a brand of yogurt that you fold the foil away to open and haters said his ankle was twisted like when you open the yogurt)
Boy group fansign warm vs cold
Golden Child TAG trolling a fan with "Why are you feeling me out?")

The members must see these every time they monitor and after that, fans can't even search Golden Child's name easily, looking it up with their eyes closed and can't even think about looking at the comments section

Moreover, even under the good comments that fans made, they'd be rampant with trolls leaving stuff like, "You're pathetic, why do you like that kind of kid, I think you have an empty brain, you deserve to be hated by him" etc.

We didn't even have what we'd call a neutral gear and we thought that ignoring it was the answer, but I felt that TAG looked very intimidated and insecure lately.


(My friend is a family member of a Golden Child member and when Golden Child keep getting ridiculed and sworn at, they said that it upsets [the family] and that they cried a lot because of it. They said they wanted to say something about the comments on Youtube and other videos but were worried that it'd make things worse [for Golcha] so they just pressed dislike ㅜㅜ)

I hope you'll think about the members and their families who feel these criticisms with their whole bodies.

Please, please, please stop with the hate comments and the ridicules
If there's anyone reading this who have made a hate comment or ridiculed him, please delete your comments

--


[+177 | -6] Organization of TAG's situation!! Please read it


(1. (About his injury) The statement came from his agency. On the other hand, TAG apologized for worrying [fans]. Antis exaggerated by saying that the artist blamed the fans.

2. The person who tipped off about the fansign claimed that they spent 2M won for the fansign. When fans refuted that Golden Child's fansign cut wasn't that high, they switched and said that 2M won was the amount that they had spent while stanning them, etc. This is an action that doesn't make sense.

3. They said they were a fan but they tipped off a hate account only 30 seconds off of a 1:30 to 2 minute-long conversation, with their own voice muted (We can't confirm what the original question was, how the speaker's manner of speaking was, what they were talking about prior to that)

4. Upon request to check the truth, the fan in question said that they were going to release the full video, but they suddenly disappeared. The relevant account was deleted.

5. About the question - At that time of Pump It Up's end of promo, they were practicing the choreo for and recording Burn It, and they were already filming CH.GOL-CHA (their content) too. It's quite awkward to answer with, "Why are we filming that?" So it raises doubt that the conversation that the person claimed to have happened took place.

6. About the question - It wasn't originally a question about spilling their promotion plans. Even if he replied to that question, he just didn't respond with wit. It's not just TAG's one-sided mistake.

7. The fan accounts from other people from that same fansign are normal, full of the usual warm and love for fans.

7. (t/n: There are 2 7s. Typo, I guess) He's always had uneven eyes when he smiles and only one corner of his lips turn up. He was like that too when he debuted. The way he speaks is a bit clumsy and awkward/he often speaks in an exaggerated way. His manner of speaking in that video was not him trying to ignore the fan. He's just always been like that.

8. His love for fans is unchanging since he first debuted. One story from an outdoor fanmeeting was that he took off his padded jacket for fans who came to see them in a cold day, there's another story where it was a fan's first time at a fansign and he welcomed them and guided them. He has many stories [like these]. If this member was a "fan hater" from the start, there would've been burner accounts popping up spreading his past videos and words and actions when the vidcall issue blew up. This member has absolutely nothing like that and he's clean.

9. Before and after the issue, he's a member who really frequents Pocketdols (a paid communication app). There was a time where he came in 12 times a day, he turns on notifications for fans' messages and he diligently replies to fans privately. When he sends messages or does V Lives, he always expresses his fervent gratitude to fans.

10. There are comments under his fancams mocking him that he's uneducated and that's nonsense. He was promoting in Japan since he was in middle school and when he came back, he became a Woollim trainee. He got into Hanlim's practical dance department as the 2nd rank. He left his home, Jeonju, since he was very young so he had a social life by himself and he said he was even awkward with his older sister.)
∟ [+26 | -0] Ah, what? This is what happened? It wasn't TAG's fault. I was mistaken. I'll hit my head
∟ [+22 | -0] His manner of talking is not ignoring fans.... He's just not good at comebacks ,, This is something you're born with
∟ [+8 | -0] But isn't there a lot of people who only lifts one corner of the mouth when they smile? I thought I smiled with both corners of my lips turning up but when I looked in the mirror, I only had one corner turned up and it looked like I was sneering

[+141 | -8] There are still so many people who ridicule him when only his fancams are uploaded.. They were laughing with themselves and saying how it's fun while they're leaving those mocking comments.. I'm still scared now, so I didn't even think about reporting those [hate] videos or looking at the comments, but I was determined to report yesterday but I saw the comments and my hands started trembling and I even cried so I gave up.. Even I as a fan am having a hard time with the excessive ridicule, so just how hard and terrifying is it for our Youngtaek? I can't guess.. It was so heartbreaking to hear Youngtaek saying that nothing lasts forever and that he's going to give happiness to Goldenness while we're still his fans.. When we leave comments telling people to stop ridiculing him, the first reaction would be, "His true fans are shielding him"... I hope you can read this post and view this issue with a neutral point of view.. Thank you so, so much to OP, who once again wrote a wonderful post

[+139 | -9] When I just saw this, I thought he was swearing at the fan or something.. The hate comments are so severe

[+70 | -2] Youngtaek is a member who rather than asks fans to stay with him forever, he says that they can like other idols but he will give them good memories in that time that they like. It's upsetting that fans can't see anything but that very insecure Youngtaek. It's really hard for us too, but it's even harder for Youngtaek and the members. We'll stand by the members forever. We won't leave. And I hope that we can clear the misunderstanding about Youngtaek, even with just one person.

[+70 | -63] Balance the upvote and downvote for this. Youngtaek with his pretty heart that loves his fans (t/n: a comment with an equal/similar ratio of upvote/downvote will show up under the top comments; an easy way to get to first page)


("Ah, but, this is real. Everyone is telling me, "You're pretty, you're pretty," and I think I've gotten prettier thanks to you guys.")

[+64 | -1] Even on Naver NOW, different members were appearing there but there were some people who left comments like, "Isn't this the "Why are you feeling me out?" group?".. I've had enough. They even found them on NOW, a schedule that was less accessible and came to ridicule them. You picked out one person and now you're also bullying his friends. That's violence. Youngtaek came to Podol in the early hours of the morning looking for anyone to talk to so I was worried whether he couldn't sleep and came to look for someone to lean on and he said, "There's nothing I can do when you change because of another member's Podol reply. Well, you can get captivated by someone else. But I trust you." I know he said he trusts us, but hearing the words, "A fan is leaving," coming out of a member's mouth, that itself makes my heart hurt so much. He sees and knows everything. It's hard for fans to read the hate comments but the 10 members who monitor things are all shot by an arrow. Out of them, the one you haters put on the dagger is Youngtaek

[+75 | -3] The fact that it was in their 5th year that they started being targeted and it was just with a muted, 30-second video is incredible in itself. Golden Child is f*cking clean


[+61 | -1] 2/25 After Taek's schedule was done, he went on V Live saying that he missed us, and when we saw that, even fans could tell that he looked very tired .. I was crying throughout the video. He looked like he was barely holding it in. Even if you criticize him, don't cross the line and attack him. Why can't people who used to be neutral in whatever also gave him that chance? In the V Live from that day, he said that he had no friends (he went to Japan for a project group since the 7th grade), that his fans are his everything, he just goes on Pocketdols all day and even turned on notification for it .. If you easily think about it, it's like us turning on notification for KakaoTalk, we can think that he'd get a notification every time he gets a letter from his fans. He's a kid who only holds onto Podol all day and checks whether there are any fans who hasn't gotten a reply yet .. The full version of the video wasn't even released, so let's control the actions of tearing a person down with your fingers

[+58 | -2] Our Youngtaek who always tells us he loves us, I love you more


[+58 | -1] Did you know that fans developed a habit after that thing happened? Whatever schedule, whatever content, we will first check how Youngtaek is like in there. He looks so insecure, so everyone ends up looking at Youngtaek first because we feel uneasy. I cherish all 10 members of Golden Child. Of course I have my own bias, but after that issue, I check on Youngtaek first rather than my bias... Youngtaek told us not to worry, but the members and the involved party must 100% know about the hate comments, so fans feel uneasy every day. Ever since that incident, I saw his personality change every day and when I see him being tired in the corner, my heart drops... As soon as that incident blew up, the fans were denounced almost immediately by the goosebumps-inducing comments, and the haters not only hurt Youngtaek but even hurt his fans. They hurt a lot of people. Fans developed PTSD and couldn't respond for some time. Haters, you must've thought you'd only torment one person, right? When you torment one person, you torment the many people who also love him. I hope you'll make sure to put aside that confidence that you won't be punished for bullying others, because it will come back to you someday just as painful.


∟ [+7 | -0] I'm not even a Youngtaek-biased but I subscribed to his Podol to tell him good things
∟ [+5 | -0] I really agree with this...ㅠㅠㅠ I'm just so thankful and apologetic that he's still holding on nowㅠㅠㅠ

[+50 | -1] At an outdoor fanmeeting at the end of November, the fans were waiting for them and it was cold, so he said, "We'll be cold together," and took off his padded jacket so he was only in his shirt (he's the third one from the left in the picture.) During their previous promo, he went on V Live alone, he was evidently reading the comments and boasted about gaining weight but lost 5 kg and asked if we'll still like him. I could feel how hard he was having it. The fans were worried and said, "Youngtaek seems tired," so after the V Live, he went to Pocketdols in the early hours of the morning and apologized for showing his tired self. It was really upsetting and heartbreaking... We're not asking you to cheer for him. Just please stop with the mockeries and hate comments that cross the line



[+49 | -0] Honestly... This promotion was hard... We broke our own records and we constantly were in the top ranks of music site thanks to the streaming team too, but... every time that happened, someone will come and say something that spoils the mood, leave hate comments under their fancam, come into their Genie comments section for no reason and ridicule them, and when the ranking suddenly went up they'd say that it was sajaegi... So I still can't watch any Burn It or Breathe fancam... I'm scared of getting heart because of my habit of going to the comments section. Even though I wondered if people were trying to keep the kids in check because they've been doing well, [the comments] have gone too far and crossed the line, so I just felt scared and it was so hard.... Please, I hope people will know the backstory to that video, clear the misunderstandings and the haters will get sued... The kids have sincerely worked hard and they have fans who try to give them better results as they watch Golcha gradually grow, so I don't know why a 3rd party keeps meddling in.... Please stop doing that. When I see the boys already happy for being nominated, I think nothing but being sorry and having to give them better results for their next comeback. Because I want to show the haters how successful the boys are. Ness, let's be discipline and wait for their next promotion! Golcha who has been running constantly for more than a year, please rest well and prepare for your next promotion healthily :) 50 million Nesses are by your side!!
∟ [+11 | -0] I saw this comment and decided. I've decided to stream Golcha's music on their next comeback.. I'm a fan of another group but I'll try to show interest in them!

[+47 | -0] I have no interest in celebrities, but my best friend of more than 10 years has been a fan of Golden Child since their debut, so I heard stories about them often. But at some point, they just stopped telling stories about them. So I carefully asked if they left the fandom, and that friend suddenly started crying. They said, "I'm worried that you'll search up Golden Child. I'm so scared that you'd look them up and say the same stuff as the other people [online]." I was very, very upset. In the 10 years I have been friends with that friend, I had never seen them cry, not even once. I wondered how hard they must be having it, and if a fan like my friend is having it hard, I worry just how hard it is for the person involved, the people around him and his members. I don't know TAG as much as his fans know him, but I saw that video and the comments, and it was hard for me and I got sad. People who pick on someone else, taunt them, leave comments that cross the line, please don't do that. I hope you people know that the comments left by you are making a lot of people suffer.

[+43 | -0] To the people who think that fans were being lazy in responding... It's not that fans are lazy, it's just that fans were the only ones who were being neutral in that situation. Fans were the only ones who put the neutral gear that you love so much. The kid who's never been like that was at the center of the controversy, so everyone was flustered and was being cautious in case it was the truth, in case the fan who released the video would be hurt, so fans were being neutral. Other people or fans of other groups were excitedly harassing and even fans thought that it was no use to keep the neutral gear anymore, so when fans tried to respond, we were treated as if we were morons and stupid f*ckers, so what kind of fan will still have the mind for that? It's been half a year since fans consoled ourelves by saying that if we could just hold on for a while, it will all subside, and cried together, and in that time, we couldn't even comfort the members properly when they were hurt and all we could do was getting stabbed by the dagger together every time. He's starting to look insecure now, so we've been compiling PDFs as if our lives depended on it. We can't read those hate comments even now... It's up to this point for the fans, so how far could it be for Youngtaek? Please, don't hurt people anymore

[+42 | -0] You guys don't know anxious fans have become, right? Every time there's a schedule, we check on Youngtaek first. I was so sorry and worried for him when he went on V Live with a face as if he was on the verge of crying, so since then, I ended up checking on Youngtaek first. But on a radio schedule today, his voice tone became so down, he didn't talk much and his eyes looked really sad. He was smiling but he looked sad. How can fans stay still? Think about what kind of comment you guys are writing before you write it. We're having it so hard because of your thoughtless comments. I'm so apologetic towards Youngtaek and resent his agency who does nothing about this

[+40 | -0] I also saw the video and the comments and up until now, I thought bad about TAG-nim too... I realized that it was a misunderstanding after reading this postㅠㅠ I watched all the things in the hyperlink and he's actually a person with such a pretty smile... He must be the most upset about it, but I can't believe that he thought of his fans, posted something and apologized for worrying them insteadㅠㅠ I feel how scary the prejudice made by the public sentiment is... The level of the hate comments is really... His fans must be so heartbrokenㅠㅠ Please cheer up!! I even found my password to leave a comment with an apologetic heart for misunderstanding himㅠㅠ I hope Golden Child will be even more and more successful. I'll spread the word to the people around me too!!

[+39 | -0] This is so funny to meㅋㅋㅋㅋ When you were excitedly dissing him and said some bullshit like, "Make me understand too," to fans who were explaining, when an explanation post is uploaded, no one shows any interest ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Sigh, I really lost hope in humanity..

(trigger warning: mentions of dying)

[+38 | -0] I came here because it's a Golden Child post and I read everything, so I'm leaving a comment because a friend who's like the light to me, whom I'm more grateful for today, is a fan of you guys. I'll tell a story, a little bit randomly, but when I was having a very hard time and wanted to die, a friend saved me. We weren't even close like that, but I was going to collapse in front of people and die and that friend covered my eyes and ears, took me to a quiet place, hugged me and just cried with me. I contaminated the whole of my friend's clothes but without showing any emotions, I dropped out of school after that like I was running away from the friend who embraced me, but I've gotten so much better now. I couldn't even say thank you and as I looked through that friend's SNS from time to time, I knew that they like Golden Child. I read this and I think the member mentioned here is the one that my friend likes very much. I'm leaving a comment because I think that my friend could be here right now too. That friend's nickname was Doraemon but I don't know if they'll see thisㅎ If he's the singer that that friend likes more than anything, then this person should have a very good heart and if he receives that friend's heart, I think he will be okay like I am. I will cheer for him so he can overcome everything.

[+38 | -1] I'm a fan of another group and I read this thoroughly. I'm so angry. I also feel that it's unfair and upsetting, but I can't imagine how agonizing it is for fans and for himself .... I saw a lot of comments that crossed the line too and I know that there are always people who mention about it under Golcha posts. Perhaps those people won't be interested in this kind of post and will just diss him, right .... But today, I know how exaggerated the content was and how hard he was being hurt. From now on, I won't stay still when I see comments like that. Ah, I'm so upset. Guys, seriously, cheer up and I hope you'll have a happy stanning life

[+34 | -0] I'm a fan of another group, and I wonder if that's something to ridicule him for even so far as memorizing what he said ㅋㅋ Looking at the comments left by fans, he seems to cherish his fans more than anyone else, so I don't know why people who are just passing by are hurting the people involved for no reason; And while my friend also stans a group with a f*cking lot of controversies, they also mention that and ridicule him on their private account and it's so dumbfounding,, Take care of your oppa first,, He doesn't fall behind other idolㅠ

[+33 | -0] I'm a fan of another group but the witch-hunting is really so pitifulㅠㅠ He's someone with so much love for his fans, so I hope he'll succeed even more in the future. I'll support him

[+33 | -0] It's no joke under TAG-ssi's fancams..... It's just a minefield. I'm not even a fan but I left a comment telling people to stop, but the people who keep posting comments ridiculing him,, Don't go into his fancams to leave mocking comments,, I don't think you can leave mocking comments when there are so many comments telling you to stop ridiculing him..? Really, I'm a muggle but I'm so pissed at fans of other groups who even leave mocking comments under his fancamsㅠ

[+33 | -1] F*ck... I'm not even his fan but I'm on the verge of crying because I feel so sorry for him

[+32 | -0] I never believed it... It's not even a transcript but I watched a few seconds of that video and saw that the video of him being injured was turned into a meme ㅋㅋ And I thought, "Are they really crazy?" His agency definitely needs to sue... Fighting to his fans ㅠ

[+31 | -0] I didn't leave any hate comment but honestly, I saw the mocking comments (not personal attacks) with the video and I laughed... I'm really going to go and reflect. I'm really sorry to the fans, Golden Child's TAG-nim, his family, and his members... From now on, not only TAG-nim, but I will try to watch unconfirmed videos like this while filtering it out. I'm very sorry,,,
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment